Knapek Spedition – Jaromir Knapek
Revision Number : 1
Creation Date: 6.11.2018
Jaromir Knapek, Owner
Knapek Spedition – Jaromir Knapek is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations and in line with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
We take the protection of your private data very seriously. Therefore, we adhere strictly to the regulations mandated by data protection laws and the GDPR. Personal data is collected solely for the purposes of obtaining contact information and to fulfil our contract with you and only to the necessary extent.
The Privacy Notice explains and describes:
- When this Privacy Notice applies
- The types of personal data we collect
- How we use the personal data we collect
- How and when we may disclose personal data that we collect
- How we protect your personal data and keep it secure
- What cookies are and how we use them
- What happens when you access third-party services and content
- Your legal choices and rights
- The status of this Privacy Notice and any changes that are made to it
- How to request further information
- Our contact details
2. What Data Do We Collect and Why?
We collect information to help manage your account:
- To deliver products and services relevant to you
- To improve our products and services and help develop new ones
- Manage our network and help us run and grow our business.
The information we have about you includes things like who you are, how you use our services, your service requirements, your account details and how you pay for your services.
This information includes:
- Your name
- Address details
- Contact details
- Company name
- The services that you have with us
- Payment methods, bank details and billing addresses
This personal information that is collected is provided to us on our contact forms, via e-mail correspondence, telephone, face to face meetings or listed on the order forms signed.
Only absolutely necessary information is collected and serves only to enable us to contact you and to meet our contractual obligations as a service provider.
The data is stored in our Customer Data and Customer SOP files . Your information is never sold to third parties. Any transfer of data to third parties occurs only if an order is issued by public or government agencies or judicial authorities or if doing so is required for the fulfilment of contractual obligations, credit protection purposes, or if your explicit consent has been given.
3. How We Use Your Information
We use and analyse your information to keep in touch with you as a customer and to supply and improve the products and services that we offer. We also may use your information to tell you about product or service changes and improvements, if we believe it to be of beneficial interest to you.
In particular this means using your information to:
- Manage your account and help you to manage your account
- Sort out payments, put orders through and despatch orders that have been placed
- Get in touch with you (e.g if we need to advise you of any issues with a service)
- Keep things secure and prevent crime or fraud
- Look into and investigate any complaints or questions you may raise
- Check whether you qualify for credit. This is so we can assess and decide whether we can give you credit and finances.
- Recover any money you may owe us
- Tell you if we want to change the way a service works or an improved service if we feel it is beneficial
- Send you information about the products and services you utilise with Knapek Spedition – Jaromir Knapek
We keep the information in these ways because it will aid in fulfilling any obligation we have to you as a customer, complying with legal and regulatory obligations or you have given your explicit consent to process your data (you can opt out of this at any time).
4. How We Share Your Information
In accordance with the above purposes, it may be necessary for us to share your information with others. This may mean sharing your information with credit agencies, leasing companies, suppliers, customs, law enforcement agencies or any third party contractors. In the event that this is required any third-party provider will have their compliancy with GDPR verified and the correct agreements in place so that our security terms are adhered to.
5. How You Agree to Allow Us to Record Your Data?
By providing us your personal information via our contact form, email, phone or via an order form you simultaneously agree to the use of your data as provided to us.
6. How Do We Guarantee the Security of Your Data?
We have taken technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, destruction, manipulation, and unauthorized access. Our employees and all third parties involved in the processing of your data are subject to the GDPR regulations and obligated to handle your data accordingly and confidentially. Our security measures undergo continual updates to comply with the latest technological developments.
7. Why We Keep Hold of Your Information
There are certain reasons why we may have to keep hold of your information. We keep information while you’re our customer or after, but only for as long as we need it for the purposes described above. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information and purpose. This is reviewed regularly in accordance with our Data Retention Schedule. An example of why we may need to hold data longer than usual is we may need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that an account was held with us or follow any legal obligation we may have or to be used as police evidence. The length we keep information may be different but it will only be kept as long as it is needed.
8. Your Rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation the information that we hold about you, this includes the following:
- The right to request details of the information we have about you
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of your information, please note we may still be entitled to process your information if we have a legitimate reason for doing so
- The right to rectify the information held if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erase the information held, please note we may still be required to retain information should we be legally obliged to
- The right to request that the processing of data is restricted
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think we have infringed any of your rights
9. How Can I Find out What Data Has Been Recorded and How Can I Object?
You are welcome to contact us at any time. We would be happy to inform you immediately regarding any personal data about you that we have stored. You have the right to object at any time to the storage or use of the data. We will then delete your data in accordance with prevailing statutory requirements.
10. When Making a Complaint
Knapek Spedition – Jaromir Knapek tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of Knapek Spedition – Jaromir Knapek collection and use of personal information.
However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be via our support team either by email at email@example.com, your account manager or to our Data Controller at the above mentioned e-mail address.
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details and register a log of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We do compile and publish statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We usually have to disclose the complainant’s identity to whoever the complaint is about. This is inevitable where, for example, the accuracy of a person’s record is in dispute. If a complainant does not want information identifying him or her to be disclosed, we will try to respect that. However, it may not be possible to handle a complaint on an anonymous basis.
We will keep personal information contained in complaint files in line with our retention policy. This means that information relating to a complaint will be retained for two years from closure. It will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ and ‘need to share’ principle.
Similarly, where enquiries are submitted to us we will only use the information supplied to us to deal with the enquiry and any subsequent issues and to check on the level of service we provide.
When we take enforcement action against someone, we may publish the identity of the defendant in our Annual Report or elsewhere. Usually we do not, identify any complainants unless the details have already been made public.
11. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We collect information about your usage and activity on our websites using certain technologies, such as cookies, and other technologies. Third parties may also view, edit, or set their own cookies although there are very few. We and our third-party service providers, and/or partners may also place web beacons for such third parties. The use of these technologies by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy, except as required by law.
12. Changes to this Policy
The privacy notice is regularly reviewed and updated. Updates are applied as required by applicable law.
13. Links to Other Websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within our website linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
14. Whom Should I Contact?
Please refer all of your complaints, questions or requests concerning personal data to our previous stated e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org